Janyaa’s 2011 Volleyball tournament was conducted on May 7th at Ponderosa park, Sunnyvale. It was a huge success as it has been for the past couple of years. We had good turnout in both Beginners and Non-beginners Men categories. Tournament started at 8AM and ended at 8PM. It was a very long day – worth every minute. It was great watching the finals in all categories. Here are the results.
- Winners: Arches team
- Runners up: Spartans
- Winners: Spartans
- Runners up: Powers
- Winners: Tino Six
- Runners up: Girls Power
Food is donated by VB Gang. Thank you very much for your generosity.
The tournament was a huge success yesterday – credit goes to all our volunteers as always. Here it is (in a random order of names)
Venkat: Our first and foremost thanks goes to Venkat for helping us out with all the logistics of conducting this tournament, specifically with scheduling, conflict resolution, helping us procure nets, umpiring and more. Thank you so much Venkat. We know we wouldn’t have been able to conduct this event without you.
Usha Davuluri: Many thanks to you for all your involvement and support throughout the event. We are really glad to have someone like you supporting Janyaa. You got us the support of your VB gang and we appreciate you for the same. Thank you Usha.
VB gang – not only played in both Men’s categories, but also donated food for the event.
- Big thanks to all the girls – Jyothi, Latha, Samatha, Sridevi, Sudha, Padma and Usha – for taking time to cook such wonderful dishes. We cannot single out any dish as all of them were very delicious and everyone were appreciating the same.
- Thank you Srinivas for umpiring the crucial matches of Men’s semi finals and finals.
- Thank you Bhaskar for helping us in ref’ing matches where we needed.
- Thank you Kishore for helping us spread the word and for all your time.
- Thank you Murali for coordinating the efforts of your team and offering your help when we needed it.
- Last but not the least, we must say we are extremely impressed with Jagruthi. Such a sweet little girl. She came to me and asked ‘Can I help you aunty’ and she went around to sell brownies, she even sold food. She really made our day. She is our youngest volunteer :). Thank you so much Jagruthi. Very pleased to meet a very sweet girl like you.
Kaushik, Ankur, Manikanta, Madhu, Venu, Usha, Rama: How can we complete this event without the support of our core team. So much work goes into organizing an event that gets unnoticed and you are all part of it. Great job everyone. Wonderful job Usha in putting this event together. Your presence itself makes a huge difference.
Thank you Chaitanya K for helping us with the flier. Appreciate your time.
Jalaja, Gayatri and Chaitanya: Thank you all for all your help at the registration desk and the food counter. All of you joined us in the last minute in spite of your busy schedules yesterday. We appreciate all your time.
Murali and Mani S: Thank you accepting last minute request from Madhu & Usha and helping us out. That is very nice of you.